- “Seismic Wave Theory II” (FY2008-2011, 2015-2016 winter)
--> Lecture Notes
- “Strong Motion Seismology I, II” (FY2000-2005 winter)
- “Seismology I” (FY1997 summer, with Prof. Kennett (ANU))
- “Seismic Ray Tracing” (FY1996, Kyoto Univ.)
--> Lecture Notes
- Invited Intensive Lectures
- “Special Lecture of Solid Earth Science III”
(Prof. Archuleta (UCSB), 4/5$B!A(B4/9, 2010)
--> Lecture Notes
- “Special Lecture of Solid Earth Science V”
(Prof. Shearer (UCSD), 8/31$B!A(B9/16, with Dr. Oki)
- Master Theses Supervised
- Higuchi, S., "Slip deficit rate distribution and its temporal
changes along the Japan islands," March 2014.
- Kobayashi, H., "Rupture processes of the 1952 and 2003 Tokachi-oki
earthquakes", March 2013.
- Guo, Y., "Source Process Analysis of the 1995 Kobe Earthquake
Using 3-D Velocity Structures," March 2013.
- Yun, S., “Source process analysis of the 1923 Kanto
earthquake using 3-D Green's functions,” March 2012.
- Kawazoe, S., “Source fault and rupture process of the 2006
Yogyakarta earthquake,” March 2012.
- Toda, K., "Ground motion simulation and amplification factors
analysis for the 2007 Chuetsu-oki earthquake," March 2011.
- Yokota, Y., “Ability of high-rate GPS data to infer the source
process of a medium-sized earthquake,” March 2010.
- Maruyama, T., “On repeating medium-sized in-slab
earthquakes,” March 2010.
- Tsukagoshi, M., “Quantification of hanging-wall effects on
ground motion for crustal earthquakes in Japan,” March 2010.
- Momiyama, S., “Joint inversions for the source process of the
2007 Noto Hanto earthquake with improved velocity structure
models,” March 2009.
- Tanaka, Y., “Velocity structure model for the Kozu-Matsuda
fault zone and Ashigara valley,” March 2004 (in Japanese with
- Ohno, T., “Source process analysis of the 1995 Kobe earthquake
using 3-D Green's functions,” Ibaraki Univ., March 2003 (in Japanese).
- Yoshii, A., “S-wave velocity structure tomography beneath
the Japan island,” March 2002 (in Japanese).
- Tsuda, K., “Inversion of ground motion spectra for site response
at 150 stations of a dense accelerograph array,” March 2001.
- Afnimar, “Improved finite-difference traveltime calculation
and its application to joint inversion of refraction and gravity
data,” September 1999.
- Sekine, S., “Seismic ray tracing and tomography in
three-dimensionally discontinuous Earth, ” March 1997 (in Japanese).
- Shimoyama, T., “Seismic wave simulation in attenuative media
and its application to analysis of seismic waveforms from
explosions,” March 1997 (in Japanese).
- Doctoral Theses Supervised
- Ibrahim, R., "Long-period ground motion prediction equations
and their application to the maginitude estimation of large
earthquakes considering site effects," September 2013.
- Yokota, Y., “Seismo-geodey to infer the physical process of
the 2011 Tohoku earthquake,” March, 2013.
- Mak, S., “Love wave excitation by an accretionary
wedge,” October, 2011.
- Poiata, N., “The origin of near-fault ground motion
pulses and their significance for seismic design,” March 2011.
- Tanaka, Y., “Integrated velocity structure modeling by
inversions of multiple datasets,” March 2009.
- Ikegami, Y., “Ground motion simulation with Voxel FEM
including the effects of broadband attenuation, topography, and
oceans,” March 2009 (in Japanese with English abstract).
- Hikima, K., “Waveform inversion for 3-D velocity structures
and source process analyses using its results,” March 2007 (in
Japanese with English abstract).
- Afnimar, “Joint inversion of refraction and gravity data for
3-D basin structures,” September 2002.
- Sekine, S., “Tomographic inversion of ground motion amplitudes for
the 3-D attenuation structure beneath the Japanese islands,”
March 2002. [+1]
Jul. 09, 2009
Jan. 09, 2015